Monday, June 9

Friends

Time and time again I meet different people.
These people are what most people would normally see as, "friends".
So tell me, what makes one a "friend" to another?
You talk about stuff, you share experiences you have or had together or separately, you hang out, you deal with each other.
I've had best friends/good friends come and go as they please.
It makes me sick to know that what I treasured so much, you throw to a corner so easily without any thought whatsoever.


I have one who's across the sea studying; but we both just stopped talking after one last outing where I wasn't offered to share an umbrella.
I have two of whom I still see every single day during recess; yes we hang and eat together, but we don't look for each other to rant anymore.
I have three from my primary school years; but we all lost touch even after coming back together that time where some other girl tried to separate us four "inseparables".
I have one I totally stopped talking to; cause I never was told of the other half that was already by their side.
I have one who clicked with me so well for 3 weeks; that we can't even talk for more than 3 minutes online now.
I have one I used to speak to about the dumbest things; but now everything's different.
I have one who tells me I'm needed, but rather hangs out with others instead.


I remember every single time we hung together last year.
I remember all the pain we helped each other through 3 years back.
I remember when we had to brush our teeth near the school drain every day.
I remember how I used to love not knowing the real you.
I remember the laughs and songs you've given me when I needed them most.
I remember the times we had while we could still meet.
I remember all that I have and haven't done for you.


Of course, there are those the ones I have now too.
You guys are awesome and I couldn't ask for anything better than the friends I have now.
Best friends now, from church or even school, you guys rock my socks.


I'll remember every single one of you.
Even if there are some that I don't want to know anymore.
I'll remember every single joy, sorrow or any other emotion you have shared with me, and I'll pick them up and carry them with me as I run along Life.
Thank you.

p/s : I hope you won't hate me when I don't like you as a friend anymore.

No comments: