Monday, February 2

RainE




As the sounds of exploding fireworks echo through the night outside my window, I can't help but wonder if you can hear the explosions in this sky we share. Do you miss us? What you would say if you were still here? It's funny cause sometimes I can't even remember what you look like anymore. And somehow the only thing that's proof you were once here are the things you've left behind. The pictures, poems, drawings, memories and your music album. You never got to hear me say goodbye, I wasn't even speaking to you the night before. Occasionally denial kicks in when our family gathers, and I half expect you to barge in the front door and say, 'Surprise! I never left'. But I've grown accustomed to dreading the sirens of ambulances and listening to people tell me they're sorry you're no more. Some said you jumped. Fools, those people were real fools. But I won't deny that you did scare me the very last time I looked at you. Why? Because it didn't even look like you.



"Hello? I'm still here."
-Hello, Evanescense


No comments: