Wednesday, July 22

: (fill in the blank) :

It's been a while, but we've kept our share of frustrations.
These suppressed feelings must have to come out sometime, somehow.

Perhaps this is the true you, a Machiavelli-like person.
"If it works, use it" must be one of your slogans of life.

People feel sorry for us who've stuck by this side far too long.
Maybe it's time we stopped resisting, but listened, for a change.

Why do you torture me so? Do you not see me getting shot down?
You know very well this beat won't go on forever. We will not last for eternity.

I don't want to be the one who asks all the time.
I don't want to be the one who cries all the time.
I don't want to be the one who bugs all the time.
I don't want to be the one who starts all the time.
I don't want to be the one who wonders all the time.
I don't want to be the one who gets hurt all the time.
I don't want to be the one who hides myself all the time.
I don't want to be the one anymore.



Sorry, I had things on my mind so I just blurted the above out. Poulenc is such a genius for composing that sonata I can't seem to get enough of.


Time and time again I have to remember to remind myself I shouldn't be selfish. Humans are selfish by nature and I'm no exception. Why share when it's meant for only one? Why do people take things without asking beforehand? One of the things we're most selfish with, or rather most stingy to give, would be praises. What, would telling someone they're doing a good job kill you? No sir it won't. Saying 'thank you' can be called a praise to a certain extent as well. One should express their gratitude when something nice has been done for/unto themselves. As for me, I find it very hard nowadays to blurt out an outright 'thanks' to my mum and dad. I don't know exactly when it started, or why even, but it's just hard. So all I can do is hope that deep down they know I appreciate whatever it is they have done or given me, and that I'm going to repay them twice or thrice(if I can) of the amount of effort and money and time they have given for my sake.

I can't promise, but I can try.


"I'm not a perfect person, there's many things I wished I didn't do."

-Hoobastank

No comments: