Monday, April 18

Communication

Remember the good old days when we used simple language to convey our thoughts?


Example 1
"Mama I really really really love you."

"Really? How much?"

"This much!"


And then you proceed to stretching your arms as wide as your tiny toddling frame can go. Or if you've never done that before (cause you weren't a very cute little kid), maybe you remember this.


Example 2
"Which color do you like?"

"Red!"


Yes, of course I'm talking about crayons. Everyone had a history with crayons. Everyone. Anywho, back to my topic for today.


At my current age, many of us are heavily influenced by our peers, the radio, the telly, movies and, not to forget what connects us all, the internet. I'm pretty sure most of the topics of discussion we have come from these media too. Here are some examples of what we receive from these influences.


More examples
  • "I wanna get wit' chu."
  • "omgwtfbbq"
  • "you betta hide yo daught'rs and hide yo wives."
  • "you dun goof'd!"
  • "haters to the left."
  • "don't be a drag just be a queen."
  • "Friday Friday we're gonna get high down on Friday."
  • "My mum thinks LOL means lots of love. Today, my mum sent me a text that read 'Your grandma died today. LOL.' "


I just don't get it. Why. Pfft.


p/s: That last example is a personal favorite by the way. Got it off one of those sites where you like the link if it's relevant to you.

No comments: