Tuesday, September 30

This and that

You know how people tend to say one thing and do the opposite. I guess it's something we all have or will come across at some point of our lives. It's really frustrating sometimes because why would someone say something and do something else?


For example, let's have two friends; Lenny and Manny. Lenny made a mistake and made Manny upset. So Lenny apologizes and decides to call a truce with Manny's approval of course. Lenny asks if they're still friends and Manny says hell yeah. Then from that time onwards, Manny never ever speaks to Lenny again unless absolutely necessary.


Now, you get a rough idea of what I'm talking about here? I don't get it, I just don't. Why did Manny do that? It doesn't make much sense to me.



I'm listening to Death Cab For Cutie right now(awesome band! go have a listen) and I find some of their lyrics do make sense sometimes. Here're a few examples.
  • "Instincts are misleading."
  • "There's no comfort in the waiting room."
  • "Fear is the heart of love."
  • "That every plan is a tiny glimpse of Father Time."
  • "Our memories depend on a faulty camera in our mind."
Have I mentioned that I love Death Cab's music like crazy?? I seem to remember doing so previously in a post I did a while ago. And if you missed it, well, I really really really really really really really love Death Cab For Cutie. So there you go. And I'm also quite sure you can tell from the list on the right side of my posts, where I've listed almost everything I love/like/am into/dig.



On the day I turned 16, which wasn't too long ago, I asked my mum if I could have a pet lion. Yes, your eyes aren't playing tricks on you and neither has your computer screen gone bonkers. I wanted a pet lion. I still do of course. But I wonder where I would have to get the food from, who would clean Rex's poo and stuff. Yep, I've even named it Rex. I could comb Rex's mane every single day. And even though I wouldn't be able to bring Rex out for walks everywhere, I hope I'll have some kind of field for him to run in where my home is. Of course, all this seems impossibly awesome and dreamlike. But a girl can dream can't she?


Heading to Arif's for lunch tomorrow cause it's Hari Raya. Mercy's coming over in the morning. Then we'll go out for a movie after lunch and then will have dinner at Roost or Treetop(correct eh Merce???). Von's coming back tomorrow too. And off we'll go to Tanjung Balau(some beach near Desaru, it's supposed to be safer and cleaner) on Thursday for a little family trip. Baking session at my place on Friday with Merce, Serah, Melly, Cal(hopefully) and Fann(haven't asked her yet =X)! Happy holidays to everyone else.



Can hear them fireworks and all sounding from afar. Just in case I forget to say this,
Selamat Hari Raya!

No comments: