Friday, April 11

Hello, it's been a while


Talking to you used to make me feel better and happier if I had troubles to let out
Keeping up with you used to be something I never had to do
We practically talked like we had so much more to talk about that we'd run out of time before we could ever finish
We used to be the way I liked it to be






Now?






Talking to you is so hard that I have to muster up the courage just to be replied with three words at most
We don't even have time to catch up with what the other's been up to
We can't even exchange 3 sentences before you turn to leave
Where we're at now is exactly what I always prayed we'd never be






Sure, it hurts to lose something I held that precious and important to myself
But there isn't much I can do is there?
The most I can do is to be there when you say you need someone






And God knows how much hurt and pain this is going to cost me
Nevertheless, I refuse to be a selfish person
Just remember to forgive me when I can't be there for you
I promise I'll try my damnedest to be there but I'm no supergirl






Of course I miss the afternoons we spent wandering the mall in town
The walk we had on that one rainy day where we got soaking wet
The time when I finished my PMR history paper and there you were lending me your shoulder
The day when you handed me that one bag of stuff I'll treasure for a long time






Although it feels as though a layer of glass has been rooted in between us two
And I can tell it's thickening and one day I won't be able to see you clearly
I might even forget your existence and neglect you
I'm going to try my best at keeping this bond going on









Remember when we said we were going to be a part of that small part of each of our futures?
I still hold it close to my heart, hoping and praying with everything I have that it'll take place.
How about you?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww! dont be so sad! friends come and go. u gain some and lose some all the time. its painful to lose those who were once close, but theres nothing u can do except treasure ur existing ones and accept the decisions of those others. cheer up gurl.

clara

Calista said...

jia you back! BIG HUGS!