Thursday, September 24

Losing one's loss

I was never one to keep in touch. Deep inside I hope you know that I do think about you. So even if I don't call you or leave you a text from time to time, even if I talk to your friends more than you, even if I don't seem to want to talk to you much when an opportunity arrives, even if you think I don't care, I do. I just don't do this staying in contact stuff. I've tried setting my mind to it and that failed miserably. Therefore please, don't assume what I don't feel.

It's been a long while and I've done much thinking since the last time I posted something. But for a while, I figured blogging isn't so interesting anymore. In fact, I actually felt burdened by the thought of having to type out what I have to say.

You never know what you lose till it's gone.

That's a line I've heard for countless times, every time I hear it again I stare at the person who said it straight in the eye and wonder what they've lost to believe in the authenticity of that phrase. The fact is this: we've all lost things of certain value to ourselves, but I've lost no more than you have. What we hold dear to our hearts are incomparable. So please, don't go around telling everyone how they can't understand even if it's true. And that's cause we're not you.

"Don't you think we ought to know by now?"
- John Mayer

No comments: