Saturday, May 7

What's left

You remember me right?

Remember when we went everywhere together? When we held each other's stuff, walked to places together, liked and disliked the same people.



You remember me right?

Remember when I talked back to you and mama stood up for me? When you two got into a big fight afterwards, and mama ended up crying in her room and I cried cause I was young and didn't know what to do.



You remember me right?

Remember when we used to play monopoly? When we used to play house, lay on each other's laps and stayed up late watching the telly hoping our parents never found out.



You remember me right?

Remember when you used to call me "Terminator"? When I was still the kid who ran around with hair growing towards the sky, chasing after you cause you called me names.



You remember me right?

Remember when I rang you up and asked if you were talking about me on the bus? When I thought you had a thing for me, and we had this long talk about that girl you're still in love with up till now.



You remember me right?

Remember when I asked if dad would ever cheat on you during that one night when there was a blackout? When I used to wake you up in the middle of the night just to follow me to the toilet cause I was worried a ghost would come and get me.



You remember me right?

Remember when I came to your place every Sunday for violin lessons? When once a wall lizard ran across my legs while I was playing my piece, and how you used to leave the nail clipper on the table cause you know I never trim my nails.



You'll remember me right?

As a girl who says things on her mind without much thought, as a girl who would approach people to strike up a conversation, as a girl who played many musical instruments, as a girl who was always single, as a girl who knew many people, as a girl who loved disagreeing and having healthy arguments with people.



You'll remember me. Right?

No comments: